Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The dog ate my notebook....

Well I tried I really did. Managed just under 1000 words last night, which puts me at nearly 2500 words behind. And it is only day 5! This weekend I am going to have to shackle myself to my desk.

Good news I am zeroing in on a title. Not there yet but I do have a title which has the right ideas associated with it and I am going to update the working title from Untitled to something slightly less embarrassing but still fairly generic and 'not quite right'.

Working title: 'Right through the cracks'.
To be referenced in this blog from now on as simply 'The cracks'

I think I could post up a plot synopsis or teaser. But 1. I need to get to work and 2. At less than 10% into the damn thing I don't want to be overly presumptuous.

I would be very interested in hearing from any of you whether the you find the title intruiging. Or not.  And more importantly I would like to hear what you, simply from the title, think the story will be about? What impression does the title give? 


 

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I feel like the title isn't quite right for what I imagine the tone of the book to be, but obviously I haven't read it yet. I almost feel like you should drop "Right" and just call it "Through the Cracks."